Tuesday 23 October 2012

Guest Post from Amelia


Hey guys! I'm Amelia from pariswhenitspink.blogspot.co.uk. First of all I’d just like to thank Lauren for this awesome opportunity to guest post on each other’s blogs! Both her beauty and fashion blogs are brilliant and I've been following them since day one (almost…hehe).
Anyway, today I'm going to be doing an Outfit of the Day. I don’t do these often so I apologize if the photos aren't the best – I really need to practice my modelling skills! ;D







It’s not been quite cold enough here yet to be layering up coats and chunky knits so I stuck with this Cardigan that I got from Topshop. Sadly the camera hasn't picked the gorgeous material of this cardigan – it’s a basic woolly knit, and as well as I can explain this, it’s got kind of ribbons dashed throughout it of the same deep purple – it’s absolutely beautiful, and so unique!  It’s light but it really keeps me warm. I wore this t-shirt which is also from Topshop. It’s one of my favourite tops as the fabric is really light and it’s kind of oversized – I love the way it hangs on me when I tuck it in to a pair of high waisted shorts, which are also from Topshop (I’m not obsessed with their stuff… pinky promise). I decided to pair this with some tights too because if I didn't I may get hyperthermia which wouldn't be good. Finally, I paired this with some black suede-effect booties with a wedge and a small platform. I got these from Select for £16!!! They weren't even on sale – BARGAIN!
On my face, I decided to skip foundation and simply go for a bit of Concealer under my eyes (YSL Touche Eclat) and I used a Bobbi Brown Concealer Brush and my everyday foundation (Maybelliene Dream Satin Liquid – such good coverage but it wears away after a few hours! Booo.) On any spots I've got.  Then I used an Collection 2000 Bronzer to contour slightly (I always think that dark lips look better on a more chiselled face, so I have to contour cause I've got such a baby face, haha!) and I lightly used a Bourjois Blush in the shade Rose Gold on the apples of my cheeks. I filled my eyebrows in with Rimmel's Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown and then I also used that to line the outer half of my upper and lower lashline REALLY thin just to give a bit of definition, then did a few very light coats of Collection 2000’s Multiplier Mascara. I love this; if you do very thin coats instead of piling it all on at once, it gives the most gorgeous feathery false-lash effect. Finally, on my lips I used Collection 2000’s Lasting Colour Lipstick in the shade Berry Blast. I can’t find this on the website so hopefully it’s not been discontinued, as I am officially INLOVE with this! It feels sooo creamy when you apply it, which, for a matte lipstick which is so pigmented, is really uncommon! I’ll defo be popping up to Superdrug to get another Lasting Colour Lipstick (did I actually just say defo? Oh dear.) and I think this is just such a gorgeous warm colour for Autumn.

<3 Thanks for reading guys, and again, thankyou Lauren! Xoxo <3

1 comment:

  1. Great guest post! Love the outfit :)

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to read your comments and reply to them! I like to approve them because I can read them all without missing any

Lauren,
x